Monday, April 20, 2009

Just Random? Maybe Not...

While on the New York Times website, I found something that immediately caught my attention. It was an article about Mike Kelleher’s job. He is the director of White House Correspondence, who sorts through the tens of thousands of letter received a day at the White House. I thought this was interesting because recently in class we have been reading letters sent to FDR and one of my more recent blog posts was about a letter sent to President Bush. I always wondered if they just picked the letters at random to show the president because I figured he receives far too many a day to read each one. It is reassuring to see that they aren’t just picked at random or let the president only read the ones that compliment him; there is actually someone who chooses the letters he thinks the president should most likely read.

No comments: